So a week ago (the Saturday before it snowed again) we went on a hike with the Tanners. We were trying to find "Posey's Cave" but we didn't have that great of directions and just started hiking through a canyon. We had seven little boys with us, the youngest was Ethan (11 months). We decided to climb up the canyon and walk along the ridge on the way back so that it would be faster (the Dad's ideas). They figured sooner or latter we will run into the road we drove down, or the trucks.
Climbing up to the ridge.
Trying to get a group picture of the boys.
After a while of hiking we got thinking there should be a road here, then we got thinking it is getting late (about 6:00 p.m.) and we need to get to the trucks before it gets to dark. Thinking it was just going to be a little hike we were totally not prepared. We didn't bring water, we only had jackets on, no GPS and no one brought a cell phone (My dad asked me latter if I had matches, I just thought we didn't even have water). So as we're hiking James was bringing up the end when he saw some cows across the canyon, he pointed them out to Conner and then saw a little part of our truck. The Canyon had split and we would have been walking for who knows how long. Luckily he saw it because the rest of us just walked by. The Tanner's truck was parked lower down which we almost did but decided not to, and that spot that James was at, and a few feet around it was the only place you could see the truck because of trees. Well we found the trucks now we had to find a spot to take all 7 boys down the canyon, and then back up to the other side. With some work we were able to get out right before dark. All we thought about the whole way home is how lucky we were that James saw the truck. Even though we were not prepared Heavenly Father helped us, and we were all very thankful. Oh yeah, Ethan's diaper was leaking also and we didn't have an extra one with us. It could have been really bad.
Conner kept stopping to rest and wanted us to carry him. I would tell him he was too big for me to carry and he would say "no, I'm too small, your too big". I carried him, James carried him and I think Lorin carried him.
Cute picture of James and Ethan:).
Love this picture of Bryant. He was a real good hiker.
Back at the trucks.
After being carried half the time Conner didn't want to go home, he wanted to go see the cave. Are you kidding me!



9 comments:
That looks like so much fun, lost or not. I'm not sure I could find Posey's trail either. I've got cabin fever so bad I wish I could go get lost for a few hours in the great outdoors.
Looks like SO much fun!!! Good ol' wholesome family recreation. Good times.
Love it! The men must have planned the outing (no water, diapers, etc.) It still looks like fun. I am with Ginger - I have major cabin fever!!! I can't wait for Spring.
Hey, I'm blog hopping right now, and look who I found. I thought you were private?
Wow, a hike with 7 little boys is brave! That looks like a lot of fun, and thank heaven for cows catching James and Conner's eye:)You're lucky you got a little adventure in before our second winter season started:) Ugh.
Wow that would/could have been bad. Glad you guys made it back :) I am such a scaredy cat about getting lost. I dont go anywhere witout my phone cuz I dont wanna get lost on the mountain and have to survive on my own lol... good thing im in the city now. Miss you guys!!!
Man that is scary, but a fun and neat experience to look back on now. I bet James had a blast though he is a natural born hiker. That is funny that once it was time to go Conner then wanted to stay, isn't that always the way it is with kids:) Glad you made it back safe! Love ya
BRIDE WARS IS HERE!!!!!
ahhh, girls night
That is nuts...James actually went somewhere without his other girlfriend...(gps). I can't even imagine that. Good thing you guys got home okay. Next time have James bring his girlfriend.
Okay - this has nothing to do with your post - but I NEED that recipe! Those cookies were soooooo good!!! You are amazing!!
Post a Comment