4-wheeler cake was perfect for Grandpa.
Grandpa Frost had his 80th birthday last week. James' Mom Ann had a great idea, for his gift we would all write him a letter with any memories we have of him, and his influence in our lives. They almost got all the letters (children, grandchildren and great grandchildren), except for the missionaries who didn't have time to mail it, and one kid who had a huge final project, but he probably sent it by now, pretty good.
We had a big family dinner with my favorite Cafe Rio, mmmmmmmm sooooooo good. I made the Birthday cake, I was very happy with it, it ended up being one of my favorites that I have done. The hardest part was keeping the kids out of it. When James got home he just saw the cupcakes and he was really impressed that I wrote letters and everything ;), he didn't know I did the cake too, so when he saw that he was pretty impressed.
Ethan is always content when he is eating.
Ethan with his aunt Tamara. This is James' youngest sister, she is so cute.
Tamara teaching Ethan and Grandpa about texting.



3 comments:
How much fun. I was so sad that I was not there. Your cake is wonderful!
Sometimes it is so nice to live so close to family that we can be involved in all of these small, yet big events in their lives. Our kids are so lucky to have the influence of grandparents and great grandparents.
I would LOVE to lap swim this summer! I told my James that I want to spend a lot more time in the pool this summer! It's about all that I will be able to do at the beginning of the summer, anyways (well, and biking..but I need variation)! So, definitely give me a call! My friends are the greatest EVER!!! Thank you for being one of them!
Post a Comment