Monday, January 24, 2011

Moving from Lehi


Last day at our house.

Conner's Christmas program.

I need to write about how well the timing worked out with our rental, the move, boy’s school and James’ job.
Well when we moved up to Lehi we found a rental in Travers Mountain right behind Cabellas. It was a great deal and a month to month contract because the owner stopped making payments on it so it was going to go into foreclosure. It eventually became bank owned and the bank offered us “Cash for Keys” which is $3,000 if we get out within the month, or we could live there rent free for 3 months. We chose the 3 months and it actually took them a month to process everything so when it was all said and done we lived in our house rent free for the last 4 months.
OK now here is the cool part. Our eviction date was December 15th, the boys got out of school for Christmas break on the 18th, James’ job started on the 21st. When Jams found out about the job we asked the bank if we could stay till the 18th for the kid’s school, they said it was no problem we just had to leave the key in the key lock box. The kids got to finish school and go to their parties (not Bryant he ended up being sick the last week). Our renter was out of our house on the 11th. James’ Brother Mike had meetings with his job up North so he brought Grandpa Frost’s trailer and moved us (thanks again you saved us a lot of money).
Now here is the bad stuff that wasn’t fun. The last week we were there Bryant got super sick, then I hurt my back on the Wednesday before we were moving and for some reason it started hurting under my right ribs. It felt like someone took a knife and stabbed me all the way through to my back. I went to the hospital because I took my medication from when I had Chloe and I still good barely move. It felt like contractions it was so awful. My mom and dad came up to help us move. Thursday I was completely pointless and James went into work both Thursday and Friday to help train his replacement. Friday I was feeling a ton better so I helped pack some more, went to Conner’s Christmas program, then me and my Mom took poor sick neglected Bryant and the other kids and started home. When James got off work he tied up some lose ends and then my Dad, David, Mike, James, Ivan and some other elders loaded everything up. Then Mike and James drove home about 7:30 or 8:00 p.m.
It was weird leaving our house up there. I cried when I came and I actually cried when I left. We are going to miss our good friends that we made and Thanksgiving Point the most. Looking back it was a good experience for us. It helped us see that we could survive somewhere besides Blanding and we are a lot more comfortable in the city then we were. Also we appreciate the blessings that come with living in Blanding more. People who saw our rental kept asking if we would have a hard time moving back to our little home because our rental was more than twice as big. At first it seemed a little tight, but now that we are unpacked and settled this seems to fit our personality better. I like that we are all close and it feels nice and warm and cozy. I am excited for it to warm up enough for our kids to play in the yard everyday.

No comments: