


Chloe was extremely (like a only girl) spoiled for her birthday. We really didn’t mean for her to get as many gifts as she got, I just forgot that we had some downstairs in storage waiting for her. Then grandma and grandpa showed up, and that didn’t help the spoil fest. She did have fun though.


So I ended up having to make two cakes. I got done with the first cake and then put it in the oven for “safe” keeping (stupid). I did think twice about this, and said to myself, “I’m not using the oven tonight, we are grilling, it will be fine.” Then when it was closer to dinner I decided to broil the buns to make them a little more yummy. Are you seeing where I’m going with this. So I turn on Hi Broil, and then go down stairs to get some gift bags for Chloe’s presents. I come upstairs and the fire alarm is going off, and I was informed that the cake caught on fire (Marshmallow Peeps are very flammable). They had taken it outside and I was a little devastated, but I couldn’t cry because my in-laws were there. I pulled it together and made another cake in record time. I didn’t even get a picture of the burnt cake before they chucked it (really the biggest regret). I will never hide a cake in the oven again (well maybe never).





I can’t believe how fast time goes, my little girl is 2. Chloe has been such a perfect addition to our family. She is my best little running errands buddy, she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, and her brothers adore her. She is pretty demanding, but very smart and so fun to spend time with. I love you Chloe! I’m looking forward to lunches and shopping trips in the future.



3 comments:
So glad you have your precious little girl! Happy Birthday Chloe!
Happy Birthday Chloe! I had to laugh at your cake experience. My friend Christine did that last year with peep cupcakes. But the fire department was called in for her catastrophe! hahah
Your second cake looks just like the first. Good job. Chloe is so sweet. We love her.
Post a Comment