Sunday, May 27, 2012

Welcome to Summer!

I saw on Pinterest a “Welcome to Summer” Party. I loved the idea. What better way to kick off summer than a surprise summer party. Because a party just isn’t a party without friends, I asked Ginger, Brooke, Michelle, and Alicia if they wanted to celebrate summer with us. We had all our kids walk to our home together, then they were greeted with: cotton candy, snow cones, cookies, popsicles , pop, water balloon piñatas, slip-n-slide, water toys, side walk chalk, and anything else that reminded us of summer.
The wind was doing a number on our banner, but luckily the kids had something to run through.







I hired a professional photographer to come take the kids pictures. I paid her with snow cones, and cotton candy.



 
I think Dodger and Bronx came to the party to find their one true loves. Dodger seemed to be quite taken with Siena, and Bronx was smitten with Haven.

 


 

The kids had soooooo much fun, and the moms enjoyed ourselves also. I’m so glad we did this. Thanks for all your help ladies.

3 comments:

CK Black Family said...

Such a fun idea! Bummed we couldn't make it, so you better plan on it again next year! Way to go...

Andy & Alicia said...

You're such an awesome mom!! Thanks for inviting us, sorry we were SOOOO late. Even though, my kids had a blast!

Brione said...

So fun! Times like this I wish we lived a whole lot closer! Miss you guys!