Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rainbow Baby

Adriane Goodwin brought a new charm to add to my others after having Javin.  The new charm is a rainbow because Owen is our “Rainbow Baby.”  He really has brought so much happiness in our home.  
 The day after we brought Owen home we had an appointment with Dr. Jones to check his Jaundice, and to get his weight on our scales in Blanding.  He dropped down to 4.6 lbs. which was understandable, because of the long drive.  This is the last he dropped in weight.  Once home he didn’t have a problem growing.  I would feed him, and then we would “chase him with a bottle”, which just means give him a bottle afterwards.  
Owen stayed in our room for 2 weeks, never coming out except for Dr. appointments, which were done in the Dr.’s personal office (least germy place, Dr. Jones was so good about it)  for the first month. At his 2 week appointment he was 5 lbs. 8.5 oz. at 3 weeks I weighed him with me and he was over 6 lbs.  
 
Tummy Time with Daddy!

 The kids love Owen so much.  It is nice that they get to feed him once in a while.  Notice the face masks on the kids.  We were not wanting to visit the NICU again.


This is what I posted on Facebook.
    We are so happy to have Owen out of the NICU, and to be home with our kiddos. Thanks everyone for keeping us in your prayers. Owen set some kind of record getting out of the NICU in just 5 days being as early as he was. We’re so proud of our little guy. We are going to be a little antisocial for a while. We really don’t want to take Owen back up to the NICU with RSV or something else. We are asking that people don’t bring over any kids, we have our hands full with our own germy kids. Also don’t be upset if you don’t get to see him, very few people do. If you are at all sick please stay away. I am sad I don’t get to bring him out and show him off, but I am posting some pictures of our amazing Owen. I'm glad he has a wonderful big brother watching over him. We LOVE him so much.

No comments: