Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blue Day Show-and-Tell

Well today was blue day at Bryant's school, and just before school Bryant had a huge melt down. I will spare you all the details but lets just say I barely got him to school alive. Well we pull up and he starts freaking out because he needed a blue show-and-tell.
"Tell your teacher that you didn't have time to get one because you were busy being a brat" I said.
"I don't want to tell her that"
"Fine, get your bag and lets go. You are late."
"No, I'm not taking my bag."
"Fine, leave it and let's go."
We finally get in the school with plenty of whining, and then Bryant become paralyzed at the door. "Mom, I have to have a show-n-tell, everyone has one."
"Ethan can be your show-n-tell." I said.
"No, he's not blue."
"I will be your show-n-tell. I'm wearing blue."
"No, I don't want to show them you." He says with a little cry.
After about 5 minutes of trying to get him to go in, I finally go to Mrs. Christensen's room to get a blue show-n-tell. Of course she has one, and is nice enough to let him have it, but then he starts freaking out because he needs his bag to put the show-n-tell in, the same bag he left on purpose in the van. Well knowing that it really isn't worth it, and I will get a much needed break from him I just went and got the bag for him. (Bryant 1, Mommy 0).
When I got home I had Conner and Ethan take a nap, and I got my break.

1 comment:

Andy & Alicia said...

I love all of your funny kid stories. This one was especially funny because Bryant said he didn't to show the kids you. haha, i was laughing pretty hard.