

Bryant learned to ride his bike about a month ago. James wanted to wait because Bryant didn't like it the first try and "you can't make him ride his bike."
"Oh, yes you can." I bribed Bryant with a ice cream party if he learned to ride. He could have 5 friends over for ice cream outside. I asked him who he wanted to invite. He wants "Brice, and Brice, Brice, oh and Shay and Shay's friends." I told him I could guarantee Shay, but probably not his friends.
While teaching him to ride he stopped and sat on the curb, "I'm tired I need a break."
After I few minutes I said "OK break over."
"Wait, uh, I need to pray." What do you say to that, nothing, so we waited for him while he sat and prayed on the curb.
When he was done I asked "Did you ask Heavenly Father to help you ride your bike?"
"Yes, and he said to get on and keep trying." Was the reply with a smile. From the mouth of Babes.
After that he was doing pretty good, but I was still balancing him. I said "Bryant you are doing so good, good job."
"So I can have my training wheels back."
"No, I through them away." Bryant slammed on his breaks, through his bike down and walked away.
"I can not believe you did that." He yelled, "I am so mad at you!"
I could not get him to get back on, so James noticing that I needed to get away from the situation took over. Well with a little time with Dad he got back on and learned to ride. I asked James how he got him back on. He told Bryant that he could hold his training wheels when he got home. Can you believe that Hold Them. Well the next day he got his ice cream party.



4 comments:
Way to go Bryant! The fun has just begun. Now you can really escape from your mom. Ride to grandma's house, downtown to get candy. . . .
That is the funniest story!!! I love it!!!
Oh tell him good job. I feel like I should be there for all of his milestones....since I was there the first 1000 times you dunked him under the water and threatened him to start swimming ha ha. Ah THAT job. Why didn't I think of doing that myself? How was the tournament this weekend? I wish I would have gone down to do that one instead of the ones up here.
Nicole, I LOVED the story about Bryant's first day. And loved even more the story about love at home. so funny! cute boys!
Post a Comment