Monday, September 15, 2008

Trip Tips

-Get a DVD player and movies.
-Barrow a magnet/dry erase /chalk board (Thanks Dorene)
-Make Bingo cards for kids. Keeps them entertained even if they are cheaters, “I saw the ________ it was hiding.”
-Go to dollar store and get lots of toys to entertain the kids, and make “surprise bags” for each town so that they have something to look forward too.
-You don’t have to follow the GPS, if you know it is wrong and you are right. Make sure your husband knows that you know more than the GPS.
-DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT give your kids anything but water, even if you are trying to be nice.
-Don’t put the baby in the very back with the two boys.
-Travel at night when your kids are sleeping.
-You don’t have to eat fries and hamburgers at McDonalds every time you go there (grilled chicken wrap, and a parfait).

If you think of anything else please let me know for future trips.

1 comment:

Jay Jones said...

Those are such good ideas! I love the "surprise bags" for different towns! That would be so fun for the kids! Movies do make a big difference too. Or go when they are sleeping like you said. I love the magnet/dry-erase/chalk board idea too. Wow! Thank-you for sharing!