Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hiking at Goosenecks!

For MLK day James actually had work off so we decided to make a trip down to Goosenecks to go hiking and have a picnic. The kids weren’t at all happy about the drive and were mad that we didn’t let them stay home and watch T.V. but when we got there everyone had a ton of fun.

It was so nice and warm, we ended up taking off our coats pretty quick. Chloe loved the carrier and enjoyed her first hike. I couldn’t help taking so many pictures the views were awesome and the kids were so cute and happy.

It is always fun to go on a nice hike as a family.





















After we were done at Goosenecks we went up the Switch Backs (which I found a little scary) to go find a geo cash at Muley Point, but the road out there was to muddy and we didn’t want the van to get stuck so we just hiked a little at the top, broke ice and listened to our echo which the kids thought was so cool, then we headed home. On the way we did stop at some Indian ruins (we were living like Larry).


To sum it up we all had a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Tyrel said...

Way to do fun stuff. Sometimes its easier just to let them watch TV all day.
I can't believe you moved back to B-town. :(

CK Black Family said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love those pictures and the ones of everyone hanging off the cliff do look super scary (I'm glad you prefaced it with James being on a ledge below). Way to take advantage of our fun area!

Cassandra said...

y'all are so much FUN! MISS YOU!!!

Nan said...

I love the way you and your family find fun things to do no matter where you are, Thanksgiving Point or Goosenecks.

I don't think I have seen you yet to welcome you back to Blanding. We are so glad you are here. I hope it has been a happy move for all of you.