Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bryant's Birthday! Can You Believe He is 8!

Wow, Bryant is 8! He is such a great kid, and I am so lucky to be his mother. I couldn’t ask for a better oldest son. He is a great example to his brothers of hard work, a desire to do good and learn the gospel, and being thoughtful and a good friend to those around him. He is excited to get baptized because he wants to do what Jesus and Heavenly Father want him to do. I don’t think at his age I knew as much as he does about the church and scriptures. We love you so much Bryant! Thank you for all your help, example and love! Happy Birthday!

For his birthday a great group of boys came over for a party. The favorite thing by far was the slip-n-slide.






They enjoyed the eating watermelon, and having a seed spitting contest.


Playing my favorite game duck, duck, goose with water.



Enjoying bumps on his head, and giving out wishes. Check out that aquarium cake, this was the easiest and most liked cake I’ve ever done. Really what’s not to like about a cake covered in fruit snacks and Swedish Fish.



Launching water balloons at wonderful, willing targets.


We told Bryant he wasn’t old enough for a pocket knife even though his cousins had one at the reunion, he wanted one sooooo bad. James got him a pocket knife for his birthday. We told him that before (you know a week ago) he wasn’t old enough, but now he’s 8, he will need it for scouts. He was so happy he got a little teary. Then while looking at it he actually said, “It is just so thoughtful of you.” By far his favorite gift.


It ended up being a great to be eight birthday!
(Yes, I just made that up on the spot).

3 comments:

jenfra said...

Love this blog post....no I cannot believe he is 8...how old is James...really old...but not you :). This seemed like an awesome birthday party, can you come plan Alex's birthday in September?! haha, and I will be copying your Aquarium Cake. We miss you guys, maybe we will see you someday...

Andy & Alicia said...

So fun!! You throw the best parties. I love the pocket knife story. He's such a sweet kid.

bethanyp said...

Cute kid, Nicole! It's weird to have an 8 yr old huh? Looks like he had a wonderfully fun-filled b-day (thanks to his wonderfully fun and creative mom). Yay for Cub Scouts too! That's fun.