I found an awesome deal to go down the Colorado River in Moab for just $24/person for a day trip, and that includes your lunch. We thought about bringing Bryant and Conner, but decided on just having it be a mini get-away for James and me.
It was the most low maintenance trip ever. We just had to bring our camera (love that it is waterproof), sun block, hats, and sunglasses. We packed more for the kids who were staying at Grandma Francom’s (thanks again Ann).
We arrived in Moab, checked in, loaded on the bus and headed out. We got a mini tour of fisher towers (which is what that river trip was called) because the rafts weren’t at the destination yet. Our bus was completely filled so when we got to the spot and the rafts were unloaded I was surprised James and I were able to get our own two person little kayak raft called a “ducky”.
This is a picture of "Fisher Towers".
Everything went well. The rapids weren’t that big, but it was enough that I got pretty soaked in the front. James said he had to be in the back to steer, I think he probably knew I would get the brunt of everything. I only almost fell in once. The camera went under while I was filming, and I luckily grabbed the side of the boat before I could go with it.

I was trying to take pictures of us while we went down some rapids. In this picture I got some of that discussing water in my mouth. Yuck!
At lunch they used our Ducky for the water coolers to sit on. When we got back in our ducky began to lose air. The big yellow boat was to far ahead to talk to, and both red boats were to far behind, we were right in the middle. It was getting harder and harder to paddle, and I kept saying to James that if we hit a big rapid we would die. Well we finally caught up to the yellow boat, and the guide said we were almost to the end, and there was no more big rapids. So yes we lived!
All in all great trip. It was nice spending time with just James, and no worries, but next time I think we will take the kids (older ones) they would have enjoyed it.
Afterwards we went and walked across the new bridge. It was pretty cool. We made pretty good tourists.



3 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm way sad that Steve and I weren't able to go with you. Next time . . .
Awesome trip! I wanna go!
Looked like a lot of fun. It is nice to have hubby time sometimes!!
Post a Comment