For Valentines day we have heart shaped pancakes, and strawberry milk.
My friend called me up and wanted to do a group date with 4 couples, she wanted to send the men on a scavenger hunt while we sat up dinner. It was a surprise so I had to get James to CB's gas station to meet up with the group, and get their first clue. I set up the perfect lie to get him down there, I told him the van was making a weird noice and they did some work on it and I forgot my purse so I couldn't pay them. Well when he got home I told him I keep forgetting to go pay for the work and asked him to run down there and pay it for me. Of course he says, "Just call them up and pay it over the phone." UGH!
"No, just go down there and pay it."
"I’ll call them if you want."
Me in panic mode, "NO! Just go down there."
"What is it, you know I hate surprises."
The gig is up, "Just go down there, they are waiting for you and you are going to be late."
"I hate this."
"You will love it. I love you bye."
We were really nice. We decided to make it things they really would love. We sent them to the shooting range (the guy at CB's handed them a gun with the clue). Then they went on a geocash with the GPS (I set this one up, I was so proud of myself). Then, they went to the flower shop to get flowers (already paid for) for widows in our wards (the widows loved it, tried to make them stay though). Then they went and played horse (basketball), then to the store to "get a candy bar to describe your wife" he got me a "what-cha-ma-call-it" really James. Then they went to the park and popped balloons for their last clue which sent them to us at the church with a meal.
It was so fun, and he even said he really liked it, and was glad I didn't send him by himself asking random people for clues. It was fun doing a group date too. Thanks Ginger.



1 comment:
Nicoli - fun mom and a great wife. You have one lucky family!
Post a Comment