Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us! One Year Older and Wiser Too?

So a week ago it was James and My Birthdays. Mine was on the 14th and James is on the 16th. It is kind of fun to have our b-days so close because it is like three days of birthdays.
On my Birthday my friends (courtsey of Brookie) took me on a b-day lunch just the girls. It was so fun getting caught up and hanging out, I love girl outings Thanks. When I got home James had had the boys make me cards with candy on it. Conner wanted the candy so he wouldn't give me the card, James said he already had the first candy he picked for me and told him to give it to me. I thanked him, and took the candy off to share with him, he was so mad he took the picture he drew and through on the ground and stomped on it, we just had to laugh.
Later that night I chose to go to Patio with James and the boys, it was really fun, we don't eat out that often. James also made me some steps for step arobics that I requested.
The next day I set up James' b-day gift a day early because his b-day was on a Sunday. I got a paintball game in the works. James has had his gun for exactly a year (last years present) and has never used it. He has talked about using it, but nothing ever came of it so... I made it happen. When I told James he was like "So you are doing a 'play date' for my present?"
I just smiled and said "That's what Mothers do best." I am so glad I did it he had so much fun.
Later without we went to my parents for dinner and cake, after dinner but before cake we went to look at Val and Wendy's new house (by the way it is a very nice house), little did I know that was just a ploy to get me out of the house so my friends could come for the suprise party James set up. I could not believe it, James never does anything like this, I think it was a little over whelming for him, and stressed him out, he thinks I made it difficult because I always know where he is. The party was way fun. Good company, good food, and good games.
Thanks again James I loved it, you are the best. Also thanks to all my friends for making it a wonderful three days.

1 comment:

CK Black Family said...

happy birthday Nicole! I would definitely say wiser ... by far.