Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ethan Turns ONE, and has Two Birthdays!!

Ethan turned 1 on Friday but my Dad was out of town and my Mom left latter so we had his extended family party last night. We had a little party with our little family and our cousins Phil and Jen came to it. We had a nice little party.

Here are the boys “helping” Ethan open presents.


Ethan started to walk, but decided not to…

Instead he thought it would make a good weapon. With two brothers you always have to be looking.


Looking for more presents.

Conner enjoying his cupcake:).

Bryant showing everyone how good it is.


Ethan loved his cupcake soooo much he couldn’t stop smiling.

He looks like the Joker, which kind of makes me sad.


Ethan’s second party was at my Mom’s house. I always make a cake for just baby to dig into and then a cake for everyone else. I am getting pretty good at it, these cakes only took me about 30 minutes to decorate.
I did the teddy bear for Ethan because he loves his teddy so much, and the bunny for everyone else to kind of sum up the theme of the party (if you read on you will see the theme).


Brett and my Mom with Ethan. Ethan loves Brett, when ever he sees him he points and says “Butt” which is Brett in Ethan language.

Ethan loved everyone singing to him.

Candace was helping Ethan stuff his face.


These pictures are of Candace and Grant arguing about who gets to shove Ethan’s face in the cake. Candace won:).




Bryant was so good helping Ethan. He is such a sweet big brother. Conner is sweet too, he just has a different approach.


Ethan loved his swing I got him for outside. I put him in it today and he just smiled and held his teddy.


What is in the box?

I have been looking at getting a bunny for a while, I had found a person up North right by where my Dad was staying so I asked him to pick a mini lop, or a mini rex up for me. The timing was just right I thought we could give it to Ethan (really all the boys) for his birthday.
He got a little Mini Lop.

AND a Mini Rex.

AND a Dutch.

I should have known my Dad couldn't just get one. He thinks each kid needs to have their very own. It was kind of weird though, Conner fell in love with the Rex, and Bryant gravitated to the Dutch, Ethan seemed to like the Lop the most. The boys are happy but now we need another cage because parents are going to keep the black and white one at their house, its a male, the other two are females, also James only wanted one, we will compromise with two. We need names too, any suggestions?

4 comments:

Becks said...

I'm not great with names, but I do have a LARGE rabbit pen in my backyard if you are interested. Looks like fun!!!

Nan said...

That is so silly about your dad bringing you three rabbits instead of one. It is the kind of thing I could see my dad doing. It looks like it was a fun birthday all around. Good job on the cakes. That is a good tradition to have.

Andy & Alicia said...

I think you should name them Dutch, Lop and Rex. You always make the best cakes!

Jay Jones said...

Cute bunnies! And Happy Birthday Ethan!!!