Ladies get your husbands, they will want to see this. No, this is not an elk. My grandpa Max Johnson shot this deer 40 years ago. My Dad took it up to the Sportsman's expo. last week to put at his booth. Three guys came on Saturday and took the deer for a while. When they came back they told my Dad that it is #1 in the WORLD, it is the new world record. It beat the old record by 8 points. Way to go Grandpa! The people that measured it are going to take it on tour around the world and then in a year it will end up in Reno where they will give my Grandpa an award.
The Thursday before the world record my Grandpa was awarded The Farmer of The Year for San Juan County. He works so hard and does such a good job it was great seeing him get some recognition for all his hard work. They had a nice dinner at lamp light, and my grandma gave a life history. It was a great night, and he was so happy.

My Grandparents look so happy, I love this picture. I hope I will get to grow old with James. They are so cute.

I don't remember this other guys name, but he got Rancher of the Year. He was funny and seemed really nice.

Way to go Grandpa! Two huge things in one week:)! I'm so proud of you.



4 comments:
I still can't believe that after all these years he still has the record! That is such a big deer! I bet your dad is so proud.
WOW!!! That is SO COOL! WOW!!! He must have had a great week! Awesome!!! That deer in huge! And that is so cool that he got the farmer of the year!!!!!
Wow- that is a nice deer. I was telling Josh about it after clogging. He was pretty impressed! Happy Birthday Ethan. Good job with the cakes. You are much more creative than I am. Brigham's cake is pretty sad.
That is amazing. I will have to show Steve. He'll appreciate the huge buck and the farmer awards.
Post a Comment