Last Friday one of our best friends the Tanners moved to Oregon. I have known about the move for a couple of months and thought I was doing OK with it but I don't think I really was. They are going to be closer to their family who all live up there, and they will have a new house, but the selfish me wants them to stay here. They were so fun. They were the kind of friends you could call last minute and say "let's go _______" fill in with hiking, sledding, BBQ, movie, bike ride, games, park, what ever and they would drop everything and go. We could call them at 9:00 pm and say put your kids to bed and come over and hang out and they could come because their daughter was old enough to watch the kids. We would hang out and laugh and talk most of the night. Dorene is a great friend, she can do everything. She got me to sew (and like it a bit), she helped me with canning and taught me a lot there too. She always had great advice, and was so good to vent to and make things better. Lorin is so funny. He can tell a story and I swear he is reliving it as he tells it. He is willing to help and always had fun video games, outdoor games or whatever. As weird as it is I think one of the hardest things is seeing a truck drive by that looks like theirs and then realizing that it can't be them. I feel like a bad friend because I couldn't bring myself to help them move, it's stupid but I didn't want them to move so I didn't want to help them leave, now of course I feel guilty about that. They were great friends and we are going to miss them so much.
We decided to have one last Patio run with Dorene and her friends. It was fun hanging out and eating shakes. There was even talk of starting a shake club, but then we thought about it really becoming the shake club;).

Bryant decided that Cami is his girlfriend. She wrote him a little letter before she left. I read it to him thinking he would smile and get all goofy, but he started crying and said "I don't want her to leave". He decided to write her a letter to take with her.












2 comments:
I'm so sad that I couldn't come to the Patio with you guys. I wish I could have told her bye. She really is the nicest person. But I am happy that she'll be close to family.
We are going to miss them so much. I had Toni take several pictures with my camera there at Patio, but I think I like the one she took with yours the best. I posted more pictures from our Patio shake run on facebook, and if you will add me as a friend, you can see them (hint, hint). I can email them to you also.
I really hope they can still come back and visit sometimes. Life here is just not going to be the same without them.
Post a Comment