Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Beautiful Chloe!


Chloe Nicole Francom was born Easter Sunday April (which is the 4th month of the year), 4th at 4:00 a.m. exactly, and she is our 4th child, pretty cool huh. She was 6.15 lbs. and 20 inches long.
We went to Payson Hospital to have her because Bryant was a C-Section, so to have a V-BAC we have to go up north. My doctor had plans during the day on Saturday (Easter weekend), and he was on call Sunday, so he wanted to start me Saturday night. We checked in at 8:00 p.m. and we got going about 9:00, so my labor was about 7 hrs. After we got to the hospital it started snowing tons, we were so happy we came when we did, we barely missed the storm. The next morning they said it snowed 4 inches.



With V-BACs they like you to have an epidural just incase something goes wrong (but that was not the real reason why I wanted one;). I ended up having to have three epidurals. The first he put some medicine in it to check if he hit a vain, which is very unlikely, and he said if I hear ringing in my ears, my heart rate goes up, and/or I taste metal to let him know. Sure enough ringing, and my heart was up in my throat. I was shaking so bad it was crazy. He took that one out and placed a new one. That one seemed to be working fine, but my arms would shake every time I had a contraction (weird), and my heart rate always drops when I have an epidural. Then after a little bit that epidural stopped working, so he said he could put more medicine in it and see if it works after 15 minutes, or just place a new one. Well the way things were going I thought I just better put in a new one before it’s to late for one, and it’s a good thing because she came pretty quick after that.

When it was time to push she came way fast, one contraction, 2 pushes. I don’t think it even took 30 seconds. Her nose was smashed down flat with a little bruised, and she was swollen and red so not as beautiful as she ended up. She didn’t look like a Chloe to us at first, so we didn’t name her until right before we left. It was between Chloe and Lilly (Our little Easter Lilly, which Kristen brought to my attention), but James kept calling her Lucy. There was also talk of naming her Ester Bunny Francom ;).



We were the only ones in delivery, then the next morning the last family checked out, so we were the only ones on the labor and delivery floor. We got plenty of attention, and so did Chloe. They told us the Friday before they had 16 babies in the nursery, they were so busy they had to call in more help.
We came home Monday afternoon because the weather was supposed to get bad on Tuesday. When we got out to the van it was starting to rain, when we pulled out on the road it was raining and snowing, very slushy. I thought the canyon would be horrible, but as soon as we got out of Payson it cleared up and it didn’t rain the rest of the way, just extremely windy.


We stopped to see Grandma and Grandpa Francom on the way home.

We got to my parents house to pick up the boys about 7:30 p.m. They were so cute with Chloe. I think Ethan missed us the most. When we got home Bryant made up a game where he put one word on a sticky note and then hid them around the kitchen, then we were supposed to find the words and make them into a sentence. The sentence he made was "I love my family at home."


That first night was the worst, At the time I was wishing we would have stayed at the hospital. The funny thing is it wasn't even Chloe. Conner woke up and threw-up everywhere. It was so awful. James didn't want me or the baby getting sick so he cleaned it up pretty much all by himself. He had to get the carpet cleaner out and clean in the boys room and in the hallway. Our boys were so tired from the weekend they didn't even wake up. Then we finally go to sleep and Chloe woke up (which is normal), so I fed her changed her and laid her down. Then we go to sleep again and Ethan wakes up, I thought 'Oh great he's throwing-up.' But luckily it was just a nightmare. We were so tired the next morning but Conner was feeling great, and no one else got sick, so we figured he was sick from all the junk he ate at grandma and grandpas' (cupcakes, ice cream, cinnamon rolls, popcorn, Easter candy, the list goes on and on).

My Mom had Tuesday and Thursday off so she came and helped with the kids and cooked. Then James had Wednesday off (kind of, he brought home work). Between my Mom and friends, we had meals set up the whole week. I think the hardest thing is going to have to cook again, it's been so nice. Thank you to everyone who have fed us and visited.

Brookie took her pictures on Wednesday and they were looking so cute. I will post some of them when I get them. Brookie is so talented, and she already loves Chloe so much.


Chloe is an extremely good baby. She only wakes up once at night and goes right back to sleep after she's fed and changed. She eats well, and hardly ever cries. She loves to have her back, legs and feet rubbed (a true girl), and she also loves it when I run my fingers through her hair. She gets the hiccups a lot which she hates and she hates getting her diaper changed. The boys love her so much and are adjusting well. Ethan is just a little whiney and is getting better everyday, he is actually more clingy and whiney with James, which is nice for me. We are so thankful to have our little Chloe here and healthy, she is so wonderful. We love her so much and are excited to be her parents and watch her grow up.

11 comments:

Kayela said...

She is absolutely adorable. Congrats! If you need anything when James leaves call me.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

She is so beautiful guys! I love the dark hair and her skin. She is going to be one protected little girl! I'm sure you have plenty of help but if you need anything let me know!

Tyrel said...

Nicole she is so cute! Congrats. I love the name. I am even impressed that you can blog with four kids.

CK Black Family said...

She is beautiful! I love her dark hair. I need me some baby cheeks to kiss, so I might be over soon!

Tiffany P. said...

OH!! I hope you weren't to freaked out by my staring the other day, but we drove by and I saw you out there holding that tiny pink bundle and it was so dang sweet! congrats!

Keith Cheryl Wheeler said...

So so So cute!!!! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to come see her in a few weeks!!!! So fun!! Love you guys

Val and Wendy Shumway said...

Love the dark hair! She's a cutie!!!

Andy & Alicia said...

She is so cute and tiny! I loved holding her, but I think next time I'll come without Dodger so I can enjoy her more. Sorry again about the spilt water. :)

Becks said...

GREAT work, Nicole...she is ADORABLE!!! I still have your gift...I promise to get it to you sometime before she graduates from high school! Loves!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!! And the date and her being the 4th child is awesome! I love the name too!

Blake and Desteny Bingham said...

Okay so you tell me how you guys get an olive complected baby with dark hair..and i get a blonde hair blued eyed kid and people ask me if he is adopted.....BUt she is beautiful! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :)