Friday, April 2, 2010

The Sad Birthday Party :(.

Ethan's birthday was in the middle of March. The night before his birthday he woke up crying with throw-up everywhere. I thought it best if we postponed his birthday, but then the next morning he seemed to be doing better. I decided to call my Mom and let her know that the party was on.
I made the cake and cupcakes and then got the stuff for the homemade pizza. Ethan loves making pizza so I thought this would be a fun dinner for him. When the dough was ready and the toppings cut Ethan didn't look to great, and didn't want to eat, he just sat in the living room with James. Then he started crying and threw-up all over James and the couch. While this was going on the other two boys were enjoying making pizza.

This is a picture of Ethan after we got him cleaned up. My mom wanted me to take a picture of the Bryant and Conner enjoying the party, and sad Ethan:(. He saw me with the camera and covered his face, he didn't want to remember it.

Bryant and Conner enjoying their pizza.

We didn't know if we should open presents or not, but it seemed to brighten him up a little. He didn't like when I took pictures, he even glared at me after the first picture and said, "uh oh Mommy."

The worst thing you can give a sick kid is cake, but it was his birthday and he liked it.

After he was all done we took him up to his room to see his final present. We took down the crib and he got a "big boy bed." He really liked it, he climbed on it looked around and then went to bed for the night.

3 comments:

Brione said...

That is so sad and so cute! I love the pictures of him cuddled up with James, he looks very comfortable. Some day, when he is older, he will look back and laugh at this!! :)

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Hi Nicole,

I read your comment on Brooke's (photo) blog. I had to come and say,"Hi". Cute family and you look amazing!

Lori
(your old roommate)