I LOVE the 4th of July!!! We had so much fun celebrating our wonderful country’s birthday.
We went to our same spot and met up with our photographer Kristin (thanks). Our kids enjoyed running around getting candy, hanging out with friends, seeing friends on floats and getting stuff from them. It was a great parade this year.
We went to diving for dollars and it was crazy busy. Ethan did really well, and loved getting the money. Conner had goggle issues and by the time he started diving (which he doesn’t do well) it was too late, he was so sad he didn’t get a single coin. Then Bryant’s group was the biggest, we tried to have him go with the 7 and 8 year olds (he was 8 for 4 more days) but he wanted to be with his friends. They put the 11 and 12 year olds with the 9 and 10 year olds and it was crazy. Bryant who is a great swimmer only came out with a quarter. While walking through the crowd I saw several 12 year olds with tons money, I heard one kid say she got $12. I hope next year they keep the two groups separate, I had really sad kids this year, but they got over it.

Conner lost his first tooth on the 4th at my mom’s. Then he really lost it, and luckily his cousin Cameron found it. Then he lost it again, and Cameron who is apparently good at finding lost teeth found it again. Conner refused to let me hold it for him and then at the fireworks he lost it for good in the grass. Luckily James sent the tooth fairy a picture of Conner with the tooth, and told her where he lost it.
We later went jet skiing with my brother David and his family. It was a lot of fun, but really busy. David even tried to show James some tricks on it and ripped his shorts.
I forgot my camera for fireworks, but they were fun. The kids loved them. Ethan kept yelling, “I want more rainbow ones!”
No comments:
Post a Comment