Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Our good friends Andy and Alicia Black invited our family and Beth and Danny Millward’s family to go camping at Lake Powell with them. We (when I say we I mean James and Andy) had been working on getting my parents old jet ski working and got it going a couple of weeks before the trip. Then James and I decided to buy a bigger family jet ski that wouldn‘t tip so easily, so everyone could ride it. The bigger one can ride me and all four kids.

When we first got there unloaded and started towards the camp site the family ski started acting up really bad. I had me and the kids on and it was barely moving. We put the two older boys on the boat but it was just dragging and I felt like we were sinking. I asked James if he remembered the plugs, and he said he did thinking I meant the spark plugs. Then I asked again “are you sure you put in the plugs?” He realized I meant the plugs that are used to let excess water out of the jet ski. We had forgotten to plug them in, and we were really sinking. Once we got them in it ran better, then we put them on shore and drained it, for the rest of the trip no more problems.






































 
We had so much fun with great company. Everyone got along so well, and the kids for the most part played very well together. The food was also great especially the chicken (thanks Andy and Alicia). Everyone had so much fun playing in the water and sand, riding in the jet skies and on the boat, on the tube, knee boarding, and skiing, I got up on the skies the first try, which shocked me.

Going down to Lake Powell brought back so many great childhood memories. Thanks Andy and Alicia for inviting us and helping us make fun memories with our kids. I hope we can make some more memories with everyone in the future.

1 comment:

Andy & Alicia said...

It really was awesome!