Friday, May 15, 2009

Disneyland, Beach and Seaworld... I need a vacation to recover:)



Brione and Dave invited us to go to Disneyland with them and we couldn't resist. We went to Disneyland for three days, then the beach and then Sea World. I have to say that I think it is false advertising for Disneyland to claim they are "the happiest place on Earth", but it was fun. There were soooo many people and soooo many lines. By the third day we had it figured out though.

On the first day of our drive it was awful. We went south through the reservation, and it was so windy we were in a dust storm almost the whole day. Bryant got car sick three times (luckily we had bags ready). We were so happy when we got to the motel. We didn't realize until we got there that Conner has never stayed at a h/motel, and Bryant was only a baby, they loved it. They were running around saying "look Mom, they love us, they gave us cups/blow dryer/towels/TV etc." We just had to take a picture.

The first day was the busiest and we really didn't have much of a plan. We did do Splash Mountain right off, and the kids were not happy with that, they liked the safe rides like the Winney the Pooh ride. My pictures are all mixed up, but Cheryl and Keith joined us for the next two days.



Dillan, Ariana and Bryant went out to dance during the parade.




Here is a picture of all the kids. Ariana, Aiden, Conner, Dillan, Tyson, Josh, Bryant and Ethan



Can you believe Conner didn't want to get his clothes wet. He tried to take everything off but luckily we stopped him.




The Dumbo Ride! The boys (even Ethan) were way excited to finally get on Dumbo.







Conner can fall asleep anywhere;).

I think this was the kids favorite ride, the Buzz Lightyear ride.


Check out Dave's focus.




Bryant showing off his mighty strength.





I have to say we did Disneyland Francom style. We only bought one thing in the park. While we were waiting for half the adults we went to the "Tiki Tiki Room" with the kids. We bought a $3 pineapple whip, because Cheryl had heard it was good so we wanted to try it. All the adults had a spoon and were in charge of feeding 2 to 3 kids each, 10 of us shared it. Conner went and got his own spoon and was trying to get more than his share, so James took it away and Conner was so mad, he even tryed to go order his own, but I didn't let him. We are so mean;).

After three days of Disneyland we went to the beach in San Diego. It was so nice and relaxing. The kids loved it (I think it was their favorite, of course it was free:). They found sea shells, and sea creatures, and made lots of sand castles because the tide kept ruining them. Conner was even laying down in a nice little spot almost falling asleep when out of no where came a wave to wake him up, after that he told Dave the water was mean.





Brione and I let our husbands bury us in the sand, James was sweet and made me into a mermaid, Dave made Brione into a snow woman. Afterwards Conner wanted to be made into a snowman.



After the beach we were burnt and had sand everywhere, a sign of a good day, and a painful night.

Sea World was great (It is the happiest place on Earth). We had so much fun starting off watching the dolphin show where Brione and I sat in the front to get splashed by the dolphins. It was great, I loved all the shows, and there is a great play area for the kids. Brione and I were so happy when we went to the Dolphin pool and sat and tryed to touch the dolphins. Our families left to go look at other things, but we were content staying right where we were at. We found a guy we called "the dolphin whisperer" because they came to him so much, we were on both sides of him trying to use his talent to our advantage. They had to kick us out, and so we went to find our families at the sting ray pool where we touched sting rays and sharks. It was soooo fun.

Here is Shamu. I don't know about you, but it would be pretty scary to have something that big swimming at me like that. I didn't get any good pictures of the show, but I learned how to do the "Shamu Splash".





A nice guy took a picture of all of us at one of the shows. I love this picture. We had so much fun. Thanks for the invite Brione and Dave.

We were all happy to be home and tired from so much driving. James is great, I hate unpacking and he just gets right to it and helped me unpack everything as soon as we got home (he is way fast too). For the first few days every time we got into the van Ethan would cry, he had enough traveling.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Looks like fun Nicole! I am laughing about you sharing the ice cream. That is sooo funny, but the park food is so expensive. However I am mad that you didn't get a jalepino pretzel in honor of me! haha. See you in a week.

CK Black Family said...

What a fun vacation! Makes me want to go to Disneyland again, but this time hit SeaWorld too! Loved Conner sleeping EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE and cute baby sandy Ethan!

Andy & Alicia said...

I can't wait to see the Shamu splash! I'm sure you'll perfect it this summer. It looks like you guys had so much fun. That picture of conner sleeping in the big C is so cute.

Kayela said...

Sea World and San Diego are my favorites. It sounds like you guys had a fun trip and made great memories.

Ginger said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun. Can you believe that the Francom family would have fun at the beach? Imagine that.