Friday, May 27, 2011

SNAKE IN MY TIRE!

Some of my friends and I went to Cotton Wood for the first day of summer. I had to leave a little early for Bryant’s machine pitch game, and my friend Beth had to leave also. While I was leaving I noticed a snake in the road. I pulled up next to it to show the boys and while I was getting out my camera Beth, who was behind me pulled up next to me because she thought I wanted to talk to her. I said, “You ran over the snake.”
“What snake?”
“The huge snake in the road. Oh, it’s ok, I see it behind you. It is under my van, I will pull up so you can see it.”
Then Beth says, “There’s no snake.”
“Yes there is it’s huge.”
Then Beth informs me. “Oh my heck, I see it, it crawled up into your tire.”
“What!”
“It is up in your tire.”
Yes a snake slithered up into my tire. It wouldn’t come out, so I decided to start driving and maybe it would just plop out. I tried swerving, and making it a bumpy ride while Beth watched from behind. When we got to the highway it still was in there. Beth said it would stick it’s head out and then go back in. We continued driving with Beth watching the snake, and when we got service I called her and she said it was hanging out, and then it went back in. We stopped at Ivin’s farm and she said it was just sitting there hanging, it was about then we figured out it was probably tangled up and wasn’t able to get out. It might have been dead, but its mouth was moving (we learned latter that snakes are like chickens and can bite even after they are dead).
We drove to Beth’s house to show Danny, and to see if he had any good input. Nothing. My friend Stephanie came over with her nephew, and looked at it. The little boy even tugged on it a little to see if it would come out. I had to go to Bry’s game, and decided that I was taking the snake with me. We stopped by the house so that Bry could get dressed and then went to the game.
James was going to meet me there and was running late. Luckily Brett Saunders who runs a new business called “RECAPTURE TIRES” which will give you roadside assistance at anytime 24/7 (there‘s a little plug. Thank you soooo much for your help), he came to the game to watch his boy and was looking at the snake. Lynn (his mother-in-law), came over and said, “He said he would get it out for you, but I thought we should check with you first.”
I said, “He doesn’t need to check with me, if he will do it that would be awesome!” I went over there and he informed me that the snake was tangled in some part by the tire, and would ruin the van if I didn’t get it out of there. He started untangling it for me, and then James came and helped a little. Thanks again for your willingness to help.



They put it on the sidewalk to get a good look at it, then we went over to watch the game. After the game We were going to show a couple of our friends, and when we went over there IT WAS GONE! Somebody took the dead snake! We will probably hear about some awful practical joke some kid played on his mom.

I feel so bad that the snake died, and not only died but had a pretty bad death. My dad informed me that Blow Snakes (that’s what it was) are good for the environment, they kill Rattle Snakes, so now I feel worse. It’s so sad. I was so sick about the whole thing I couldn't eat dinner.
The boys keep praying that we won’t get a snake in our van again. I am so glad it is over.

4 comments:

Brett & Kelsey Saunders said...

Don't feel bad, remember I told you that it practically committed suicide. Thanks for the Advertising by the way :)

Brione said...

All I can say is EW!

bethanyp said...

ah hahahahaha! I'm sorry but that is hilarious! Not that the snake died so brutley, but that you just kept driving and driving. Glad it didn't do any damage to your van though. You're funny, Nicole. Can't wait for the 4th!

Andy & Alicia said...

it still creeps me out to think about it and i didn't even see it.