Sunday, March 1, 2015

Basement Before's and After's!

James and I worked our butts off for a little over a week to get these three rooms ready for carpet on 2/16.  We had to finish framing and dry walling the closet in Conner and Ethan's room, and then we had to per-fa four layers, and texture both bedrooms, and then paint all three rooms. After working hard all day and night, and then being woken up by Owen two more times in the night we stayed very motivated.

We are horrible at doing before and afters.  You would think we would learn after all the work we have done on our two previous houses.  The theater room before was from the people we bought it from.  The two rooms weren't even framed, no walls nothing.  I really am kicking myself for not getting that before.  I took some in the middle of working on the walls.

I think our theater room is the coolest.  I love how the paint, chairs, and carpet all turned out, and it is just way cool that we got those chairs for free, even though they were a pain to install and do the carpet on.  It is so fun.  

OK, maybe the rooms are my favorite because they made it so Owen wasn't in our room anymore.  This is Bryant's room.  The picture of him on the bed was actually taken 2/19.  When we moved him and Conner we threw away three garbage bags of crap.  I swear the teachers use my kids as their recycling bins.  Bryant loves having his own room.

This is Conner and Ethan's room.  They have been so nice to each other.  I think Conner was a perfect kid for Ethan to share with.  This room has a crazy big closet, our boys are spoiled. 

Here is Chloe and Owen helping James set up the boys beds while they are at school.  They are the cutest. 2/19/15





No comments: