Tuesday, December 16, 2008

James' First Day/ Eagle Air Christmas Party!


Ethan was so happy he could touch the ceiling.


James when he came home from first day of work. I should have made them stay there till I got a good picture, but I was already pushing it.

James had his first day of work yesterday. It sounded like it went well. He found out that he can come in anytime between 8:00 and 9:00 am, he will just have to stay latter if he comes latter, this was nice this morning with all the snow, he had time to shovel and wasn't stressed about getting to work.

I decided to go ahead and write a little about the party even though I haven't got the picture I am waiting for (when I get it I will post it and tell about it). Even though James hadn't started yet we were invited to the Christmas party, which is all we have heard about sense we found out about the job. They had hired some actors from SLC to come down and act out and sing a murder mystery, which was set in Chicago in the 1920s. All through the evening we talked to the actors, and watched them act with each other, and sing to learn more about them and their relationships with each other. At the end there was a murder and we went and asked the actors questions to find out: Who did it, How they did it, and Why. Everyone had to tell the truth except for the murder. Me and two other people were the only ones who got it out of I think about 145 people. I found out by catching them in a lie:). The food was good, they had prime rib, which was nice, we are use to paying for the majority of our Christmas party meals.
At the end they gave out awards, and talked about the employees, you could tell they really appreciate hard work (James should do well with that). Then they let the employees come up and choose their Christmas Gift. We didn't know if we should because James wasn't starting till Monday, but then Cheryl came over and told us to be sure to pick something out. We decided of the Wii which we are really excited about, Thanks EAM. They told us they didn't know if we would have it by Christmas, but they would try (we didn't care, we were just happy with the gift. When James came home from work yesterday he had the Wii, they had tracked down a shipment and had to convince a few people they weren't buying it for resale. I think that is a good way to start a job, coming home with a family Christmas gift.

No comments: