Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Day of School!


So Bryant started first grade this year.

I am soooooo happy about his teacher he got Elaine Johnson, who is one of the best teachers in the district. When I did my student teaching she was the teacher I student taught with so I knew first hand how great she is. She took a year off to spend time with her senior daughter and I got my first (and last) teaching job as a first grade teacher in her classroom. It is kind of fun/weird to go in the classroom and help where I have so much history in.

I was pregnant with Bryant when I taught and told him he should know his way around the room because he has already spent a lot of time there.


Bryant has already had an amazing positive year. Elaine has been perfect for him, and he loves her so much. She is even a better threat then Santa Clause.

2 comments:

Christina said...

So good that both of your boys are loving school. Whenever I see pictures of classrooms my heart aches a little bit to be back there. But then again it is a blessing to get to be home with your kids. I have found that being a teacher has really helped me with Nash so far. I am sure you have seen the same things with your boys. And it shows with how great your boys are too.

Becks said...

I must agree...Elaine is the BEST teacher, EVER!!! (elementary...I am a little biased and think Mr. Hughes is the best middle school teacher). I have been lucky enough to have 2 of my children in her class! Love her!!!