
(This is one of the pictures Brookie did, I love it:)
Have any of you ever had a perfect day? Neither have I, but on Sunday I came pretty dang close. We had Stake Conference that day which is two hours of sacrament meeting pretty much (only on metal chairs). That morning the boys were so good about getting ready, but I didn't think much of it, just dreading the next two hours with three boys 5 and under. The whole stake conference they were sooooo good; Ethan fussed a little and Cami (our friends daughter) took him in the primary room with her to play, and then he went to sleep. The first hour Conner was great, and then he also took a nap, and Bryant was the best of all, he was amazingly good without even sleeping:). When we went to my Mom's for dinner the boys were great there too. Then we came home and James watched the kids and let me take a nap! When I woke up he was playing "Memory" with them and losing miserably while secretly helping Conner and Bryant come out the Victors. Then I went to help my Mom cover tables for a funeral, when I came home James and the boys had cleaned the house (even vacuumed), and the boys were ready for bed (isn't James the greatest). When we sat down to read scriptures we were on "The Good Samaritan" parable, so I thought we could help the boys act it out, they did so good with it. They did it several times taking turns with who was the Jewish man that was hurt, and who was the Samaritan (even Ethan got a turn with both). By the end they were doing it themselves and we had to tell them to "stop being good Samaritans and go to bed."
I know it might sound silly or boring that having my kids be so well behaved for one whole day, and a clean house that I didn't have to clean 10 times to get it that way is considered the perfect day, but I love my life (even on the not so perfect days) my boys are amazing and teach me sooooooo much, and James is so thoughtful and helpful and really is my best friend. I am very blessed to have my wonderful little family.



3 comments:
That does sound like a pretty perfect day. I'm thinking there is something in those men named "James" - they are the greatest!
I loved that entry. I know to those who aren't mothers it seems weird to have that be a perfect day, but being a mom of three boys the same ages as yours, I definatly see that being a perfect day. James is pretty great... it must run in the gene's though:)
You gotta love those kind of days. I think we had the opposite day on Sunday. Josh and I were so exhausted after wrestling the kids (mostly Brigham) during stake conferance that we both just wanted to lock ourselves away the rest of the day. I am glad that you were able to take a well deserved break! I hope I have one of those days soon.
Post a Comment