Monday, January 12, 2015

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas eve, we did the traditional decorating of the cookie, ice-cream cone trees.  Then James read "The Night Before Christmas", then we watched the Nativity, and reminded our kids what Christmas is really about.  I like to tell our kids that Santa is a true Christian, and he loves Jesus so much that he wanted to share that love through the giving of gifts to little children, and that's how he started (true by the way).


The kids were so good to wait for us in the hall the next morning.  They really are great, obedient (for the most part) kids.


 When the kids opened up the ping-pong balls and paddles, Bryant said, "Cool, we can take these up to Camp Jackson and play."  
Then I said, "we could snow mobile up there and play in the winter. "
"Yeah, that would be awesome."
Me, "Or, you could just go down stairs and play."  Bry was the most excited.  
We decided this table will help with our goal of having a big room dedicated to, "wholesome recreational activities."  It is so fun.  I challenged Bry the next day to a game, loser has to do the dishes.  I won my 11 year old, and he did the dishes with a smile.  I need to make it closer next time so I can still get work out of him.  :) 

Posing with some of their favorite gifts. (Why wouldn't Conner photo bomb Bry).

Owen is a little emotional.


Then we headed up to my Mom's for the true spoil fest.

 I had the kids circle things they wanted in a Walmart add I had just to give them something to do.  My parents took that to help them get ideas.  Yeah, they pretty much bought everything they circled. Chloe circled the most, and when I asked about a few things my Mom would say, "well she circled it." 


We got to talk to Brett.  No picts. but he looks so good and is doing well.  Then we opened presents and had omelets.  Then we went home and I made rolls while the kiddos played with their new toys.  Before we went to my parents for dinner we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Church for about an hour.  They are so sweet to our kids.  We love them so much.  Dinner was way late at my parents.  After Dustin slaved over the prime rib for hours, his friend said that the rolls were the best part of the meal.  Hahahaha!
We went home exhausted and spoiled.


No comments: