Monday, January 12, 2015

Happenings of December


Chloe put this outfit together all by herself.  One of my favorite things about Chloe is that she makes sure she is modest by putting a shirt under her other shirt.  She is so cute.  Look at Owen playing peek-a-boo with the hat.  So much cuteness.


Dave Laws' aunt Shirly made these PJ's for Grant when he was a baby.  Candace told her that Owen wears them now, and they went through all my kids and she wanted pictures.  Man I love everything about this kid, even the little girl behind him.

I needed to make rolls for something and I enlisted the "big guns" to help.  She is such a big, and cute helper. I'm glad I get to cook with her.

James' work door decorated for Christmas.

Conner started a book club.  The members are Spencer, Tommy, Ashton, Conner, and now Sam.  This was their second time meeting. Their first book was "Fablehaven".  Then they chose to read "Holes", so I let them watch the movie, and then I printed off discussion questions that compared and contrast the movie, and book.  They really go through the questions and discuss the books.  It has been a great thing.  He has really good friends.

The kiddos built an awesome fort using the clips we got from the NICU.  I love these picts. we got of them.  They really love each other.

The next morning they wanted to make another fort even bigger.  Poor Bry was sick, so he wasn't able to help with this one. :(

When Becky and Greg got married she didn't want to store the cake for the year just to eat it on her anniversary.  Since we had the freezer space I decided to store it.  It was so worth it.  We sent them the picts. and this is what we wrote her.

They say it is good luck to eat your wedding cake on your year anniversary… I figured we needed your good luck more than you did. Happy Anniversary you guys. We love you, and love that you are married. By the way, we had way to much fun doing this. and I got lots of frosting up my nose. oh, and it didn't taste very good.

Greg wrote: thanks Nicole! I am very lucky to be part of the family. I love it!! Thanks for all of the love and support. I would assume nose frosting doesn't taste good... You should have probably not eaten it haha.
Becky wrote: Haha you guys crack me up I love that you did this! The cake wasn't very good last year so I can understand why the year in the freezer wouldn't improve it any haha thanks for the laugh!


They had the elementary school programs all together (K-5th), at the high school in the evening.  Let's just say there were a lot of people is an understatement.  It was so crowded that we asked if we could watch Ethan's performance from up high where they do the lights, and sound because we couldn't get through the doors.  The little arrow on top is Ethan.  After Ethan's performance we took him and showed him where we watched him from (bottom right pic.). 
By the time it got to 4th grade some seats freed up so we were able to watch Conner a little closer.  They both did good, except Conner is a little goofball in the back with Tommy.

Bryant had a band performance that we totally spaced.  They earned playing Wii, and when it was time for dinner and I told them to turn it off he says, "MOM!  I have a band concert."  I have a confession, and I hate myself for it, but I parked in handicap because he wouldn't go in by himself, and there wasn't any parking. Yes there were tears shed, but we ran in right when it was getting ready to start, and the kids told Mr. Bake Bryant was there, and they waited for him.  
Afterwards he had an art show, this is his interactive art piece that turns. It turns into two smiley faces when you turn it upside down. 



No comments: